Shower designs have come a long way, especially when it comes to screens. Traditionally, showers feature tacky curtains or simple glass doors on aluminium frames. But now, these have been replaced by elegant and chic shower screens. One of the most stylish shower screens available today is the frameless variety.
Frameless screen doors can make your bathroom achieve a sophisticated look. Completely made of glass; the clean and invisible lines give the fixture a uniquely modern touch. Apart from being visually appealing, a frameless shower screen offers a number of other benefits such as the following:
- Value for money. Some homeowners consider frameless shower screens as an expensive addition to a shower room. But the truth is, installing one is a relatively less costly way to enhance the appearance of any bathroom. It is easy to install, can last for a long time, and do not take up so much space. What more can you ask for in a shower fixture?
- Illusion of space. The glass’ invisible appearance makes the space seem bigger and grander than it actually is. This will make showering more comfortable and refreshing. To make the most of this advantage, install attractive tile designs and decorative lightings in the shower’s interior area.
- Low maintenance. Glass is easy to clean as it prevents the build-up of soap scum and dirt. This means you don’t need to spend so much time to clean and maintain the screens. With minimal effort, you can restore it to its like-new appearance very easily.
- Durable. Don’t let the frameless structure fool you! This type of screen utilises thicker glass that provides support to the panels.
- Different style options. Frameless shower screens come in a wide range of style and design options. Some of the designs available in the market are square, rectangle, and diamond. This lets you choose a shower screen according to your own personal style.
If you’re thinking of installing a frameless shower screen, it’s best to contact a professional to do it for you. Jim’s Glass offers free in-home measure and quote service. Our highly trained glass specialists are available to discuss your options and provide you with a quote. Call 131 546 or use our online booking form to make an appointment.
Divisional General Manager – Jim’s Glass (Australia)
Board Member – Australian Glass & Windows Association