If you think that glass doors and windows are dominating only the living room and the patio areas of the home, think again because glass cupboard doors craze is slowly adding more elegance and sophistication in the kitchen.
- Replacing wooden cupboard doors in the pantry/kitchen with glass doors can upgrade the overall look from ordinary to sport a modern appeal.
- The transparent glass cupboard doors make organizing in the kitchen (supplies and condiments) easier for the homemaker.
- Collections of Chinaware, porcelain, spices and any other luxury kitchen items can be displayed more elegantly by upgrading wooden doors to glass cabinet doors.
- The need to upgrade the design of the kitchen can be easily achieved just by replacing cabinet doors with glass panels instead of disposing the whole cabinet and buying new ones.
- The “tidy” look is easily maintained with glass cupboard doors especially in a very delicate area like the kitchen or dining room.
- Sliding glass panels for cabinets and compartments are the best options for small spaced kitchens and dining rooms.
- Glass easily blends with whatever material you use for the kitchen cabinet frames, countertop tiles, and even walls.
- Open shelves may work for books, toys and other non-delicate items, but for porcelain, kitchen utensils, wine glasses, etc, open shelves may be too risky. As such, a transparent material is needed for this purpose. The best option to use would be glass display cabinets.
- Glass can brighten up a dark gloomy kitchen. It does not even have to be the whole cabinet itself made of glass, but small glass panels can already make a big difference.
- Worn out cupboards can be remodelled to be more modern and made functional once more by replacing the doors with glass panels.
When choosing glass kitchen cabinet doors, consider their location in the cabinets. Take note also of what you will be putting inside the cabinets and the maintenance of the cabinets like ease of cleaning, etc. There are a lot of options to choose from like snap on types, sliding glass cupboard doors, frosted cupboard doors, etc.
Jim’s Glass offer a complimentary in-home measure & quote service to discuss your ideas. During this time a trained glass specialist will discuss your options and provide you with a quote. Call 131 546 or use our online booking form to make an appointment.
Divisional General Manager – Jim’s Glass (Australia)
Board Member – Australian Glass & Windows Association